Idea 1
My favourite idea from my mind map is the ethics of Anonymous. The documentary would explore whether the activist group 'Anonymous' should be doing what they are and if their actions are ethically and morally correct. The documentary would be expository, as I would have a voice-over accompany the imagery and help to give context to some of the opinions given, with an occasional piece to camera. The documentary will try not to be biased, as it will explore both sides of the argument, as well as the opinion of the general public. I'm hoping that the short will educate people about the group so they can form their own opinions of them. My target audience would be possibly an older demographic, as younger people are more likely to already know about them. However, the short could also help educate those who only have heard of one side of the argument, both young and old.
The aim of my documentary would be to educate the general public about 'Anonymous' and the activism they do. Hopefully my documentary will help give people a more wider understanding and judgement of the group, whether good or bad. As I am to provide both sides of the story, I shall be conducting research into how the general public sees them as well as how the news represents them and if the media is biased in any way. Travel should not be an issue as I would be using existing news footage to help illustrate my points.
Instead of interview questions, I would be asking rhetorical questions to the audience throughout to make them think. Some of the questions I could ask the viewer would be:
- Do you agree with what they are trying to achieve?
- Are their methods the best way to achieve this?
There is not any equipment, props or costumes needed as the short will be mainly existing footage. There may be an occasional interview or piece to camera, so in this case a camera would be needed, however the main bulk of the short would be existing footage and an expository voice-over.
Idea 2
My backup idea from my mind map is the 'short film' idea. I would follow a small production company called 'Hourhouse Pictures' based in East Anglia. Their latest project 'Toast' is due to film around April. Although the film will be filmed regardless, they are using Kickstarter to try and gain more funds. The documentary would explore how Kickstarter has helped budding directors create their own films, whilst also creating a community that supports and helps creates even more new and exciting content. Depending on the filming deadlines for the documentary, the filming for the short may not have started, as there have been some delays so far. The documentary could also explore how indie films are made and the troubles they can face. The target audience would be a younger audience who are passionate about film, as Kickstarter is a new service that is typically associated with youth and fresh creativity. The documentary would show a true depiction of how Kickstarter can either help or break a project. Aside from a camera, the other equipment I would need would be a tripod and microphone. I do not need any props or costumes for the documentary.
Some sample interview questions could be:
Idea 2
My backup idea from my mind map is the 'short film' idea. I would follow a small production company called 'Hourhouse Pictures' based in East Anglia. Their latest project 'Toast' is due to film around April. Although the film will be filmed regardless, they are using Kickstarter to try and gain more funds. The documentary would explore how Kickstarter has helped budding directors create their own films, whilst also creating a community that supports and helps creates even more new and exciting content. Depending on the filming deadlines for the documentary, the filming for the short may not have started, as there have been some delays so far. The documentary could also explore how indie films are made and the troubles they can face. The target audience would be a younger audience who are passionate about film, as Kickstarter is a new service that is typically associated with youth and fresh creativity. The documentary would show a true depiction of how Kickstarter can either help or break a project. Aside from a camera, the other equipment I would need would be a tripod and microphone. I do not need any props or costumes for the documentary.
- How do you think Kickstarter has changed how projects can be funded?
- How can Kickstarter help you with your project?
- What are the advantages/disadvantages of Kickstarter?
After discussing my ideas with a teacher, I have decided that idea 2, about the short film, is the best choice for my 3 Minute Wonder documentary.
No comments:
Post a Comment